This made my day
America is some fucked up dystopian shit honestly like how are y’all even surviving? Paying for healthcare? $60,000 on tuition? POC getting shot in Wal-Marts? White men shooting up elementary schools? That’s terrifying I’m worried about all of you
And the scariest part about this is that people in other countries still think America is land of the freedom and that everything here is perfect and that this is the best country in the world.
No, the scariest part is that many Americans think this is the land of freedom and we’re the best in the world. And they get all upset when they think we’re infringing on their rights because we’re trying to fix these huge problems that don’t affect them.
Anonymous said: So a cop, a racist, and a murderer walk into a bar. And that's just the first guy.
I get this joke.
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
Why doesn’t cnn post any of this stuff
women: *are killed, beaten, raped, and put down constantly for hundreds of years just for being women*
woman who is also a feminist: *cracks a joke about men on the internet*
men: ”see this is the problem with feminism it promotes hate speech they’re no better than sexist men why can’t i punch women in the face and why does the guy have to pay on dates #equalitarianism”
Even though it might sound harsh and impolitic, here is the bottom line: if you don’t want to get shot, tased, pepper-sprayed, struck with a baton or thrown to the ground, just do what I tell you. Don’t argue with me, don’t call me names, don’t tell me that I can’t stop you, don’t say I’m a racist pig, don’t threaten that you’ll sue me and take away my badge. Don’t scream at me that you pay my salary, and don’t even think of aggressively walking towards me. Most field stops are complete in minutes. How difficult is it to cooperate for that long?
LAPD officer Sunil Dutta, writing 100% seriously in a WaPo op-ed entitled (I kid you not) “I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me.” (via hipsterlibertarian)
The sense of entitled, sadistic, “moral disengagement” by the police is truly disheartening. How can they build trust in a community they are using for their role-playing FPS fantasies?
Bullies with a badge.
An officer threatens to kill a journalist and those around him since he’s not credential press. He then threatens everyone around the guy with live rounds. If you don’t know what those are, they’re real bullets.
Another journalist tried to ask his name but all he said was “Go fuck yourself”.
The tag trending for this guy on twitter, funny enough, is #officergofuckyourself.
Please spread, Ferguson is not safe. Don’t forget about it.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Officer GoFuckYourself.
Full article about this incident can be found HERE.
Going on right now in Ferguson: Police are raiding a church that has been stocked with medical supplies, food, and tear gas recovery kits for community members engaging in protests. This cannot be allowed to continue.
Stand up, speak out.
Love “Da Man Wit the Chips” but Jameila White is the new “Protest MVP.” #staywoke #trill
Page 1 of 269